Who we are
Our website address is: http://theknittersattic.com.
Sharon Cane / The Knitters Attic
- Who we are
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Sharon Cane/The Knitters Attic
When we say, “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
- Anyone requesting an order or information on a potential order
- Any customer who requires their product to be delivered to them
- Any customer who provides their contact information and agrees to further contact from us
- How we use personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To fulfil orders and arrange delivery of products
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us using it. They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to. Further details can be found below.
- What personal date do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section 2, “How we use personal information”:
- Basic personal details such as name, email address and postal address
- How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us, and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments.
- Where and when do we collect personal information?
When you purchase products and services from us via the following channels:
- Directly from customers of our website
- Facebook where an order or potential order has taken place
- Instagram where an order or potential order has taken place
Our Etsy shop – theknittersattic where an order or potential order has taken place
- Who do we share your personal information with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party. However, in order for us to provide our services to you, we share your personal data with our trusted third party service providers as detailed below. Whenever we share your personal data, we put safeguards in place which require these organisations to keep your data safe and to ensure that they do not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes
We may share personal information with:
- Royal Mail or other delivery company where product is to be delivered
- How long we keep personal information
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the sale or as required by law or contract.
- Know your rights
Any individual whose personal information we hold has the right to:
- Object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- Ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- Ask us to update or correct their personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- Ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- Ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- Ask for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
- Complain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
- Ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent).
- Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.