Danger Crafts – Robbie the Radiant Robot.
From his lovely long legs to the adorable antenna on his head, Robbie is a sure-fire way to win yourself into anyone’s heart. You’ll want to knit up lots of robots to have on hand since anyone who sees one is inevitably going to ask you to knit one for them too!
A little bit about Robbie:
“One thing you will notice right away with Robbie is that he is always dancing. He uses the antenna on the top of his head to pick up local FM radio stations so that he’s always got something to dance to. Unfortunately Robbie is not equipped with speakers so it always looks like he is dancing to music that isn’t really there. Dancing can really wear him out though so he likes to refuel often with Orengina, Swedish fish and peanut butter cups. Some might think that this diet of pure sugar is what keeps Robbie dancing all the time but he will markedly deny this claim.“
You will need:
- 140-180 yards of yarn in your main colour (for head, body and stripes).
- 50-80 yards of yarn in your contrast colour (antenna and colour work).
- 5 yards or less of white yarn (for the teeth).
- One set double pointed needles, smaller than recommended for your yarn by 2-3 needle sizes.
- 2-hole buttons for eyes.
- Pipe cleaner (for antenna).